The Bájoc "ML Series" trumpets & cornets (abbr. “Magnus Legatum,” which translates from Latin “Great Legacy”) were designed using the finest parts made of the finest materials combined, all while integrating innovative features that were substantial in former trumpet configurations. These handcrafted, high-quality trumpets incorporate notable design features and concepts that derive from famous trumpet builders such as Vincent Bach, F.E. Olds, C.G. Conn, Henri Selmer, F.A. Buescher, Frank Holton, Fontaine Besson, Dominic Calicchio, Jerome Callet, Byron Autrey, and Zigmant Kanstul—just to name a few.
The result: a horn that produces a great balance of sound production and tonal color throughout the entire range of the instrument while procuring sound qualities that are unique in themselves and reminiscent of trumpets from preceding time periods.
One of our primary focuses in making Bájoc trumpets is on the important aspect of promoting easibility, not only when it comes to playing the instrument, but also by how the trumpet is constructed—by assuring that we assemble our trumpets with tension-free mounting.
The Bájoc "ML Series" trumpet line includes these different models and key options:
— Model I – the Bájoc "Personal" model, this Bb trumpet portrays an elaborate design layout made to Jacob’s personal liking. An excellent trumpet intended for all types of trumpet performance work—including solo literature, church or chamber group work, small group jazz, symphonic band or orchestral work, and several types of lead playing.
— Model II – the Bájoc "Standard" model, a Bb trumpet designed and great for all-around use. It produces a broader, brighter, and more open sound; has excellent projection; a well-balanced response throughout the entire range of the instrument; and great overall intonation.
— Model III – the Bájoc "Commercial" model, this Bb trumpet is made and designed for styles pertaining to lead jazz and commercial work. A very responsive trumpet with unsurpassable projection, focus, and sound quality. It produces a solid core, density, and tonal "sparkle" throughout all registers.
— Model I-C – the Bájoc "Standard" model C trumpet...more details COMING SOON!
— Model I-P – the Bájoc Bb/A 4-valve piccolo trumpet. A very versatile piccolo trumpet that sounds off a brilliant, yet broad response throughout the entire range of the instrument, giving players good acoustic feedback within any musical setting—from solo performance to chamber or orchestral appearances.
The Bájoc ML Series cornet line includes:
— Model I – a "short model" Bb cornet designed primarily for Brass band playing and for performances that involve solo cornet literature. Constructed with a dual shepherd's crook configuration for a more fluid response and favorable amounts of resistance to the professional cornetist.
— Model II - same as the Model I, but in a "long model" configuration with no shepherd's crook bends throughout.
Some of the key features of the Bájoc “ML Series” instruments are:
- J. Meinlschmidt custom valve block with MAW valves & nickel-silver upper balusters;
- Handdrawn mouthpipe made from a selection of different materials (yellow brass, gold brass, etc.);
- Thoroughly placed and positioned finger hook to help boost acoustical resonance of the mouthpipe;
- Strategically placed “Z-braces” on the bell and body of the instrument to bring about more acoustical and tonal improvements to the player;
- Well-spaced body bracing to promote better projection and tonal response throughout the entire range of the instrument;
- Nickel-silver mouthpiece receiver, outer-slide tubes, and other trim;
- Reverse tubing featured on the 2nd valve slide assembly;
- Inverted 3rd valve slide with an extended, “over-slung” 3rd slide ring for improved harmonics, speeded response, increased projection, and improved intonation—due to optimal bracing from main tuning slide lower-outer tube to the upper 3rd valve slide; and
- Includes a complete set of Bájoc Ergonomic Valve Guides and a Bájoc Harmonic Waterkey Plug pre-installed.